While some argue that the value of a website can be determined by the cost of its web design and the volume of its content, the truth is that the value of a website greatly depends on whether or not it is generating enough revenue to be deemed profitable.
In a recent global web analytics survey, it was found that 59% of respondents rated website value simply based on whether or not it was earning enough money. Only 18% rated the value of a website based on its design and content, while 11% valued a website based on its purpose.
So what do you get paid as a sales copywriter? We analyzed Odesk’s 2019 Sales Manager Compensation Report and found that, on average, you’ll earn about $85,000 a year.
Top Odesk Sales Manager Salaries
The highest paying areas of study at Odesk are search marketing and SEO (search engine optimization), which pay, on average, about $140,000 a year; content marketing and social media, which pay, on average, about $105,000 a year; and copywriting, which pays, on average, about $85,000 a year.
While it’s always important to have confidence in your ability and be realistic about your earning potential, it’s not all doom and gloom when it comes to the earning potential of a sales copywriter. The important thing to keep in mind is that you’re in demand, and you can establish yourself as an expert in your field.
The Demand for Sales Copywriters
If you’re an experienced sales copywriter who can demonstrate the ability to prospect, qualify, and close business, then why do you need to be paid so much to do what can be considered normal business activity for someone with your skill set?
Some of the reasons are:
- The demand for your services is great. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment in the field is projected to grow 29% year from 2016 to 2026, much faster than the average for all occupations. (BLS)
- The pay is good. According to the Odesk Salary Report, the average salary for a sales copywriter is just under $85,000 a year. (ODESK)
- You’ll need to have a diverse set of skills to be effective as a copywriter. Not only will you have to be able to write effectively, you’ll also need to be able to understand, analyze, and structure information. (HUBSpot Blog)
- The opportunities for growth are great. Not only will you have the ability to make a good living, you’ll also have the opportunity to develop your skills and gain new experiences. (HUBSpot Blog)
- Most importantly, you’ll love what you do. According to the ODESK Salary Survey, 66% of respondents described themselves as “very satisfied” with their job, and only 4% said they were “somewhat satisfied.” The rest said they were “neither satisfied nor dissatisfied.” (ODESK)
If you’re concerned about your future, then the most important thing for you to do is to establish yourself as an expert in your field. Once you’ve done that, you can be sure that you’ll have a good job no matter what happens.
In a time of uncertainty, it’s never a good idea to undervalue your expertise. If you believe that your expertise can be used to successfully sell a product or provide value to someone, then why not sell what you know and help others to see the value in your knowledge?
By establishing yourself as an expert in your field, you’ll demonstrate to potential employers that you’re more than capable of bringing in the revenue they’re looking for. Your existing network and connections will also be invaluable in helping you to get your dream job. Never underestimate the power of a well-connected networking…