Every website owner knows that traffic is the fuel that drives their business. However, without a steady stream of qualified leads coming in from organic search, website owners will struggle to generate sufficient revenue to cover their monthly hosting costs. For this reason, it is essential that you develop a sound strategy to drive targeted traffic to your website.
To achieve this, you need to focus on gaining the trust of potential customers through compelling copy that makes a positive impression.
The Importance Of Website Copy
If you run a professional business, you will undoubtedly be required to have a website. Launching a website is relatively simple; you just need to choose a theme, add some content, and set up an analytics tool to track the results.
Although it is easy to get started, building a reputable business website is a lot more complicated. To ensure that your website is beneficial to your readers, you will need to put in the time to craft compelling copy that will compel visitors to take action- a necessity known as website copywriting.
To make matters worse, you will need to ensure that your website content is both accurate and up to date. For this reason, it is important that you hire a freelance journalist to tackle this task for you. Although most businesses now run to online marketing, having a strong website will still prove to be viable as long as you can prove that you are providing a good quality service or product. In the event that your product is bespoke, you will also need to write copy to explain the unique features of your offering. In short, if you are selling a service, you will need to write a brochure-style pitch for your website, and if you are selling a product you will need to create a detailed product description.
Aside from the technical aspects that go into building a website, you will also need to consider the content that you will require. Your website content will consist mainly of two parts:
- Explanatory text – This is text that you use to explain the details of a product, service, or idea.
- Optimistic text – This is the text that encourages readers to take action. For example, in the case of a product listing, you might want to include some lines encouraging the reader to click through to the product page.
When writing explanatory text, you will require an understanding of how people come across in search engines. SEO (search engine optimization) is the practice of getting your content to appear in the search engine results page for specific keywords. In other words, you need to ensure that your content is both relevant and contains the right keywords.
Why Should You Outsource Copywriting To A Creative Agency?
If you are looking to create a good impression in the eyes of your customers, it is imperative that you avoid doing business with freelancers who undercut your prices and give you poor quality work.
In a nutshell, these are the main reasons why you should hire a professional copywriter to help you with your website copy:
- Save time- It’s a common scenario, you have a lot on your plate, you need to get the work done but you don’t have the time to hand-hold someone through the whole copywriting process. Outsourcing allows you to get the work done quickly and accurately, therefore eliminating the need for frequent corrections.
- Get exceptional results- You will be working with a talented team of copywriters who have a proven track record of producing professional, eye-catching content for high-ranking websites. Outsourcing allows you to focus on what’s important to you while letting your copywriters take care of the nitty-gritty.
- Outsource a highly specialized skill- Having a specialized skill means that you can outsource this task to someone who is highly qualified and experienced in that area. For example, if you are looking for help with content strategies, you can hire a copywriter who is an expert in content strategy.
- Get someone who fits your budget- Working with a freelance copywriter who is paid on a per-project basis means that you get the results you need without having to stretch your budget too far. Freelance copywriters charge a flat rate for writing projects, which means that you only need to commit to paying for the work that you need, when you need it. This makes strategic outsourcing a viable option for smaller businesses who want to save money while still being able to create a quality web product that will represent their brand.
How To Hire A Freelancer To Write Web Content For You
To find the perfect fit, you will need to do your research about potential freelancers and their previous work. With so much competition, you will want to make sure that you are putting your best foot forward and establishing a great impression. For this reason, having a reliable source of income makes a good impression, as you can afford to take time off to work on your project when needed. Alternatively, you can outsource the work to a few freelancers who will each take on a part of the job.
When hiring freelancers for copywriting, the most important thing to consider is their experience. You want to make sure that they have the skill-set necessary to take on your project. For this, you can either search for their portfolio or look at the projects that they have previously completed. If possible, have a look at their website and see what they have to offer. If they do not have a professional-looking website, it is a sign that they maybe are not that experienced or confident in their craft. You should also look for freelance copywriters who are willing to offer some sample work to establish their credentials.
The Benefits Of Outsourcing
If you are looking to create a solid foundation for your online marketing efforts, it is important that you consider outsourcing to external agencies. Due to the nature of this task, it is often performed by specialists who can take on large projects and manage them effectively. In addition to saving you time, outsourcing allows you to focus on what is important to you and reduces the amount of stress that comes with running your own business. For these reasons, it is a good idea to hire a content strategist who can take care of all the boring but essential tasks so that you can focus on growing your business.