I’d like to share with you some of my best tips on how to write an ebook on Word.
Set A Budget
The first step to creating a high-quality, profitable ebook is to set a budget. You cannot produce an affordable ebook if you are not prepared to spend money on decent quality covers, editing, and high-end digital appliances to run the software.
If you are looking to create a digital nomad lifestyle blog with a focus on product reviews and comparisons, you may want to consider spending at least $5,000 on content alone. After you have built your audience, you can then begin to experiment with selling affiliate products and earning passive income from online marketing.
Choose The Right Platform
Nowadays, anyone can create a blog and put it online. The problem is that not all blogs are made equal and some are better suited for e-book publishing than others. To ensure that your blog is picked up by search engines and readers, you should consider using the following platforms:
- HTML5 Blogger
- Shopify Dropshipping
- Shopify Plus
- Live Video Streaming
- Wix Blogs
- Houzz Blogs
- Yandex Shop
- Live Market
- Shopify Market
Each of these platforms is suitable for e-book publishing, offering various features and functionalities that you can take advantage of.
Create Compelling Headlines
A good headline can get your reader’s attention and inspire them to want to read your blog post. To write a good headline, you need to consider the following:
- The hook
- An interesting factoid or statistic
- Something that will make the reader curious or wanting more
- The role of the article in the whole blog post
- The structure of the article
- Whether you should write an intro first or not
- How to write a formal or informal email
- How to cite your sources
- The language you should use
- The structure of the ebook (e.g. How to structure an ebook for Kindle)
To create a sense of authenticity when marketing your ebook, you can use real marketing words such as “analysis”, “estimate”, and “trends” instead of “headline” and “clickbait”. You can also use the following to create compelling headlines:
- What is “X” (e.g. What is a PEMF Therapy device? vs What is the Meaning of “Ave Maria”)?
- Why is “X” better than “Y” (e.g. Why should you buy a PEMF Therapy device instead of renting one? vs Why should you buy a Canon camera vs Why should you buy a compact disc player?
- Use numbers when possible (e.g. How much does Facebook cost? Why are social media consultants in demand? How many Facebook users are there globally? How many Twitter followers do you need to have to make money off your blog? How many YouTube subscribers do you need to have to become a star? How many Instagram likes do you need to have to be popular? You get the idea…
Choose Your Characters
If you are writing a children’s book, you may want to consider choosing one of the popular Sesame Street characters. Not only will this be an opportunity to indulge your inner child, but it will also allow you to teach your children valuable life lessons through fiction.
You may also want to consider choosing a main character that is a modern-day, real-life hero or heroine. For example, if you are writing about food, you could use your own life experiences to portray a chef character, helping your readers understand what it takes to get great food prepared.
Use Bold Text
Depending on the size of your e-book, you may want to consider using bold text in certain places to draw the reader’s attention. If you want to use bold text to draw attention to something within the text, use the following format:
Major Point (Bold Text): Important details you want to bring to the attention of the reader.
For example, if you are writing a blog post about the best electric shavers for men, you may want to include the following details:
- The best electric shavers for men
- What is an electric shavers?
- Why do you need an electric shavers?
- What brands do you recommend?
- What models does your electric shavers come in?
- Is there anything else you would like to add?
Nowadays, you do not necessarily need to use all five of these platforms to create and sell an ebook. You may want to start with just one or two to see how it goes and then add the others as you go along. It is not a bad idea to keep your eye on the trends and upcoming platforms so that you can use their features and functionalities to your advantage.