In this changing world of technology, we are all aware of the growing number of “newspapers” that have been created online. These so-called “blogspaces” allow for more freedom of speech, as well as a greater number of platforms for content to be published. Thanks to sites like Medium, with its 500 million monthly active users, and WordPress, with its estimated 28% of the web being comprised of blogs running on the platform, digital nomads and webmasters alike have countless opportunities to get their content out to the world.
However, unlike traditional newspapers, which often had strict rules around what could and could not be published, the traditional rules around blogging haven’t necessarily had to change. You can still get penalized for saying the wrong thing, or showing the wrong attitude. For instance, if you’re expressing political views that are inconsistent with those of the blog owner, or criticizing the decisions made by the site’s leadership, you might find yourself in a bit of an ethical quandary.
Where Can I Get My Articles Published?
Whether you’re a seasoned pro or just getting started, there is an option out there for you to get your work published. While there are definitely advantages to running your own blog, the reality is that not everyone has the time, resources, or desire to do so. That’s where content curation platforms come in. With these services, you can aggregate and republish content from all sorts of different sources. The best part is that you can do this completely free of charge.
If you’re looking to get your work published and don’t have the time to build a blog engine from scratch, then this is the perfect alternative. Simply find a topic that you’re passionate about and begin curating content around it.
There are hundreds of different content curation platforms out there, so you have a lot to choose from. In this article, we’ll discuss some of the best platforms for getting your work published.
Sharing your scoops with the world is always an option, especially when you have something fascinating to tell us. But sometimes, we just want to read an article and get on with our life. Sometimes, we want to learn something that will help us in the future. Luckily, reading articles doesn’t have to take up all of your time. If you’re looking for something quick and easy to digest, try out a blog reader for e-books. Bloggers who use e-book readers know how handy they can be. Not only do they allow for easy reading on the go, but they also make it much simpler to keep track of what you’ve read. If you’re trying to build a sizable audience, then becoming a regular contributor to a top website might be the way to go. Once you have a reliable stream of content, the website owner might even offer you a full-time job or at least a part-time one. However, this isn’t something that can be easily predicted, so you should definitely be prepared to put in the work first.
Choosing The Right Blogging Platform
When selecting a blogging platform, it’s important to think about the features and functions that you need in order to fully utilize it. One of the primary differences between a blog and a website is that the contents of a blog are typically meant to be read in a linear fashion. This means that the reader should be able to easily navigate their way through the content, either by clicking on a headline or taking advantage of the site’s embedded links.
When selecting a blogging platform, you also want to make sure that you have features that allow for dynamic and engaging content. If your budget permits, then look for a professional blogging platform that offers premium features in order to ensure that your content looks as good as new. Even then, you might want to consider upgrading as soon as possible. As a general rule, the better the quality of the content that you post, the greater the chance that others will notice and appreciate it. When it comes to choosing a blogging platform, simply remember to think long-term. The last thing that you want to do is invest in a tool that won’t serve you well in the end.
Features To Look For
When selecting a blogging platform, it’s important to think about what features you need in order to fully utilize it. To that end, here are a few features that you want to look for in any blogging platform:
- Responsive design – if the content that you post is meant to be viewed on a mobile device, then you want to make sure that it adjusts itself accordingly. To that end, look for a blogging platform that offers a fluid, mobile-friendly layout. This way, when a reader decides to access your content on their smartphone, they will experience it as it was meant to be seen.
- Article limit – the number of articles that you can post on a regular basis is entirely dependent on your budget. However, if you’re looking for a free blogging platform, then you will need to restrict yourself to at most a couple of articles per week. The reason being that free blogging platforms are generally sponsored by businesses that want to attract potential customers to their brand. As a contributor to a free blogging platform, your job is to establish yourself as an expert in your field and to promote the various businesses and their products that are being showcased on your site.
- Counters – if you’re aiming to create a traffic-generating blog, then you’ll want to make sure that you have some way of tracking the number of visitors that come to your site on a regular basis. The best blogging platforms don’t just provide you with the ability to track traffic to your site, they also allow you to engage with your audience through various social media platforms.
- Statistics – if you’re aiming to grow your blog into a worthwhile traffic-generating machine, then you’ll want to track the amount of traffic that is being directed towards different articles and the countries and regions from which they’re coming. The best blogging platforms don’t just provide you with the ability to track traffic to your site, they also allow you to engage with your audience through various social media platforms.
- Full-text RSS – if you’re looking to get your work published online then you’ll want to ensure that you have a reliable method of keeping up with the latest news and content that relates to your field. When it comes to choosing a blogging platform, simply remember to think long-term. The last thing that you want to do is invest in a tool that won’t serve you well in the end.
- Mobile-friendly – if the content that you post is meant to be viewed on a mobile device, then you want to make sure that it adjusts itself accordingly. If you’re aiming to drive traffic to your site from mobile devices, then you’ll want to look for a blogging platform that is mobile-friendly.
- Social media integration – if you’re aiming to grow your blog into a worthwhile traffic-generating machine, then you’ll want to make sure that you have some way of engaging with your audience. One of the best things that you can do for your blog is to connect it with various social media platforms.
- Worthy Content – if you’re looking to build a sizable audience, then you’ll want to make sure that you are contributing content that is interesting and worth reading. When selecting a blogging platform, simply remember to think long-term. The last thing that you want to do is invest in a tool that won’t serve you well in the end.
With these features in mind, you’ll be able to create an engaging experience for readers that are visiting your site on any device.
Where Can I Publish My Content?
Once you have a functional blogging platform, the next step is to determine where you’ll publish your content. While there are certainly advantages to publishing on a popular website, if your aim is to build a sizable audience, then you might want to consider creating your own branded magazine. The beauty of a branded magazine is that it allows you to have complete control over the layout and design of the publication. In order to do this, you’ll need to have a minimum of 10,000 monthly active users on your blog. In other words, if you are planning to create a magazine, make sure that you have an established and vibrant audience before you start looking for a publishing partner.
As a general rule, when selecting a publishing platform, go with the one that has the most recognizable name. This will give you instant credibility with potential readers. Whether this is Google, Apple, or Microsoft, when a potential customer sees your magazine linked with one of these brands, they will instantly have an idea of what to expect. Remember, your goal is to create an engaging experience that will make them want to come back for more. From a creative standpoint, you can’t go wrong with a platform that allows for custom CSS designs.